Campaigns are where a lot of the charitable activity happens on Benojo. As well as contributing to existing campaigns, individuals can create their own Fundraising campaigns too. Running a marathon, swimming an ocean swim, or going to shave off all your hair, and want to seek fundraising? Create a Fundraiser. And remember - we don’t take any fees out of your donations so ALL your money goes to the charity, less Stripe card processing fees. (What’s Stripe?)
Here's a walkthrough of how to create your own personal fundraising campaign
Creating your Campaign from scratch:
If no campaign exists yet, you can simply create your own:
- From your menu, select ‘Start fundraising’.
- You now have a blank campaign ready to populate with your campaign details, starting with what Cause you wish to support...fill in all the blanks, add a photo or video link, and most importantly, complete the What Am I Asking For And Why section - What am I doing? Why am I doing it? What will the money raised fund? What can you do to help, and what do I hope we’ll achieve? Be positive and compelling to motivate people to help.
- In the Location section, add the Address of where the activity will take place, or maybe where the Cause you’re fundraising for is based. You can be specific (if you want your supporters to come down and support you on the day) or simply add a city, suburb name, or even just 'Australia'. With Country, select the Country you want your Campaign to show up under. So if you live in Australia but are running a marathon in the United States, you will probably want to choose Australia, where your network is based. You can choose the region that suits the location of your event, or the majority of your intended contributors.
- Timezone: Choose the timezone of where your event is taking place.
- Finally, don't forget to Save your new Benojo campaign, which saves it as draft: You can come back and edit your draft at any time from your profile page, or if you’re ready now, go straight to
Congratulations! You have just created a Fundraiser to support your chosen charity - be sure to share this as widely as you can. Good luck!
- Want to make changes to your Campaign, upload photos or download a Campaign report showing all your donations? You can manage everything from the More menu on the campaign page. Note that you can’t delete a campaign once activity has taken place, i.e. someone has donated, only Close it. See our FAQs for more information on that.
- Campaign finished? All your expected fundraising collected? Make sure you Close your Campaign. Apart from good housekeeping, this is your opportunity to write a thank you message, telling everyone who supported you how your campaign went, what was raised, and what they helped you and your nominated Cause achieve. Saying thanks has never been so easy. And if you’ve uploaded photos to your campaign, it’s a good way to share them with your supporters via your Campaign page. When you hit Save on your closing message, it is automatically emailed out to all your Benojo supporters. Cool hey!
You will see volunteering and ticketing campaigns in Benojo which were created by companies or charities. However, as an individual you may only create fundraising campaigns.