Everyone on Benojo is special and has their own personal profile. Here's how you make it yours:
- Log in using the username and password you chose when you registered
- Select the Your Profile icon, or Profile from your named dropdown menu top right.
Not much to see yet is there? Click the Edit Profile button to get started
Fields on your profile:
- About me:
- Update your name if applicable
- Change your email if you wish
If you change your email, you'll need to reconfirm it by clicking on the validation email sent to your inbox
- Add a Profile Photo - this is what people will see when you interact with them on Benojo
- Select your gender (some volunteering opportunities are gender-specific)
- Add your work Employee number, if applicable
- Who I am and why do I want to give: Input a bit of information about why you want to give, and what's important to you in the world of good
- Your Address:
- Add your address; you can use your work or personal as preferred
- Matching criteria:
- Connected causes: Choose any charities who have a profile with Benojo who you wish to connect with. Connecting means that you see their available Campaigns on your home page, their icon will show in your profile panel and that whenever a new campaign comes out from that cause, you'll know about it.
- Skills: - this is what you have to offer a cause from a skilled volunteering perspective, areas in which you can offer help and skills
- Areas of interest: Select your own personal areas of giving interest. Adding these will add campaigns from those areas of interest to your home page.
- User certifications: Select any qualifications which may add value to giving opportunities, such as First Aid or Army Reserve.
- You can select to 'hide campaigns I've given to on my public profile' if you wish your contributions to remain private.
- Causes I make contributions to can contact me: A cause may contact you in regards to your specific contribution, but this toggle allows them to also contact you if there are other giving opportunities you may want to participate in
- Notify me about charity events (e.g. balls and fundraisers): As these are not specific charitable contributions, we allow you to choose whether you want to know about this kind of event or not
- Notify me when new campaigns are created that match what I care about: This being on means that when a campaign is added that matches your interests (primarily based on your causes), you will receive a notification email letting you know. Otherwise, visit Benojo regularly and check your personalised home page to see new ways to help.
Don't forget to Save when you're done.
Remember, you can change any of your personal information whenever you like by coming back to Edit Profile
Your personal giving dashboard
Once you start giving on Benojo, you'll see your personal dashboard stats at the top of your profile page begin to populate to show all the good you are doing. You'll also see that you are able to download reports showing all your contributions across an Australian tax year. Note that when anyone else looks at your profile, they won't see a donation amount, they will see how many times you have donated.
Your Contributions report provides you with a detailed breakdown of all your giving activity. A downloadable csv file, fields include Donated ($), Volunteered (hours), tickets purchased, Cost of those tickets, Campaign name, and Cause name.
Your Tax Deductible report provides you with a summary of all tax deductible donations for tax time. So anything you have donated to a Benojo campaign is detailed here. The csv file fields includes date of donation, amount, campaign name and cause benefited.